THE Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) has flighted a tender for the Supply, installation, configuration and implementation of a Tax Revenue Management System.
In an advert in today's newspapers, ZIMRA said it now invites eligible/qualified solution providers/firms to indicate their interest in providing the Tax Revenue Management System. The main objective of the project is to implement an efficient and reliable Revenue Administration System that is compliant with internationally accepted tax administration best practices.
In consideration of the above-mentioned project, the Solution provider is expected to:
1. Propose to supply, install and configure a tax administration system that is compliant with internationally accepted best practices.
2. Provide for integration of the system with other internal systems e.g. ERP system and to interface/integrate with other external stakeholders' systems
3. Carry out a business process re-engineering exercise, to efficiently and effectively implement the supplied system.
4. Provide technical training on the configuration, system administration, system support, integration and system security.
5. User training on the functions of the supplied system.
Interested firms must provide information showing that they are qualified to provide the system/services (documents, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.).
The former Zimra commissioner general Gershem Takavada Pasi was on Thursday brought before the court on charges of criminal abuse of office after he allegedly engaged a third party in the acquisition of an Information Management System (IMS), prejudicing ZIMRA of close to $12 million.