Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following vacant position.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The job exists to develop, implement and maintain the company's Information Communication Technology (ICT) systems. This includes programming, installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks for ZINARA and formulating an ICT strategy that is supportive of the organization's business mandate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Initiates Information Technology related projects and manage them until their completion and roll out.
Develops an Information Communication Technology (ICT) framework and
strategies for (ICT) systems based on short and long term ZINARA goals
to ensure the contribution of ICT to the achievement of corporate
• Prepares IT policy documents that will form guidelines in the utilization of IT in ZINARA to ensure proper use of ICTs.
Monitors IT policies, procedures, systems and controls to adhere to
Generally Accepted International Standards / Good Practice.
Recommend new developments of ICT to the Board through the Chief
Executive Officer to enable it to make informed decisions on IT current
• Maintains a reliable network to ensure that
communications flow smoothly within and outside the organization without
any disruptions to ensure employees operate efficiently.
Liaises with relevant service providers to ensure they provide relevant
services as and when required e.g. Internet, Network etc. to ensure
proper communication within the organization.
• Oversees the administration of the companis WAN and LAN networks to ensure the smooth flow of communications.
Works with departments to help implement internal systems to manage
information and communication as well as to set Service Level Agreements
within the organization and with suppliers.
• Sets ICT project
plans and provide feedback on progress on ICT projects in the
departmental meetings and senior management meetings.
• Provides guidance to the Tenders Committee on the specifications of equipment and Software to purchase.
Develops and implement policies and procedures for electronic data
processing and computer systems operations and development to ensure
proper management of ICTs and Computer systems in the organization's
• Gathers information about organizational
information needs, project needs, objectives, functions, features, and
input and output requirements, then reviewing and analyzing systems
specifications to determine whether all required elements have been
Education. Professional Qualifications and Work Experience
• Degree in Computer science/Information systems, BBS and Computer Science, BBM and Information Technology or equivalent
• Master's degree in Business Administration/ Business Leadership is an added advantage
• Certified ITIL practitioner/Project Management Professional/Pince 2 practitioner or any equivalent
• Six years relevant experience of which three years should be at management level
Applications including CVs and certified copies of certificates should be submitted not later than 4:30p.m. on 23 August 2019 to:
Acting Director Administration & Human Resources Zimbabwe National Road Administration 489 Runiville, Glenroy Crescent Highlands.