We seek to recruit an outstanding and result oriented individual to fill the following post in our organisation: TRANSPORT MANAGER : X1 Responsibility The incumbent will report to the Head Administration. Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops and implements a proactive, planned and structured approach
to the maintenance of fleet vehicles, keeping within the designated
budget and ensuring all vehicles used are fit for purpose.
Manages service and maintenance schedules to ensure that the optimum
number of vehicles are working at all times to meet departmental needs.
• Leads in the procurement and disposal of all Company vehicles.
• Reviews fleet service quality levels through monitoring quality and speed of vehicle services.
• Controls fleet usage through tracking system reports and recommends improvements.
• Implements, maintains and develops policies and processes to ensure fleet operates effectively and efficiently.
• Ensures the existence of a good relationship with suppliers including garages, fuel suppliers, panel beaters and insurers.
• Degree in Transport and Logistics Management or equivalent.
• Membership to a relevant and recognized professional body will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years' experience in a similar or related environment and three of which should be in a management position.
• An analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
• Excellent geographical knowledge.
• Good people management and coordination skills.
• Excellent financial acumen.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry.
• Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls.
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and Educational qualifications should be sent to https://netone.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/