We are looking for a Master Control Operator for a 24-hour news channel.
Position Responsibilities: Master Control Operator is responsible for monitoring the quality and accuracy of our on-air signals as well as ensuring the transmission meets government regulations and the station's high standards.
Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting equipment malfunctions and preparing programming for play out.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Perform on-air switching for live events
• Operate recording hardware, satellite receivers and computer based systems
• Prepare and check material for on-air playback via automation system
• Verify all material airing by referencing program logs
• Monitor on-air signals for quality control
• Monitor transmitter and tower lights accurately to meet FCC regulations
• Anticipate and troubleshoot issues when they occur
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Diploma in Journalism and Communication
• 5 years working experience in a television environment
• Work well within a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
• Possess strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Computer literate and technically oriented
• Self-motivated, and a fast learner
• Exhibit a professional attitude at all times and be able to perform in a high-pressure environment
• Able to sit/stand for long periods of time
Written applications clearly marked "MASTER CONTROL OPERATOR" should be submitted with detailed Curriculum Vitae no later than 10TH April 2019 to:- The Advertiser Dl593695 c/o Herald House, Corner George Silundika and Sam Nujoma Street, Harare