Industrial Psychology Consultants (Pvt) Ltd has been retained by Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA) Board to assist with the recruitment and selection of a suitable candidate for the position of Chief Executive Officer.
ZERA is a body corporate established in terms of the Energy Regulatory Authority Act [Chapter 13:23] of 2011. It is mandated to regulate the entire energy sector in Zimbabwe in a fair, transparent, efficient and cost-effective manner for the benefit of the consumers and energy suppliers.
Overall Job Purpose The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for leading the execution of ZERA's mandate and long-term strategy with a view of creating stakeholder value. The CEO's leadership role also entails being ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Company's long term and short term plans. The CEO acts as a direct liaison between the Board and management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads, in conjunction with the Board, the development of the
Authority's strategy to maximize stakeholder value and deliver on the
mandate as outlined in the Energy Regulatory Authority Act, national
blueprints and government policies;
• Ensures compliance with
statutory obligations, working closely and effectively with the Ministry
of Energy and Power Development and relevant Government departments;
• Provide prudent energy sector regulations consistent with energy related laws and National Energy Policy;
Establishes, develops and maintains strategic and collaborative local,
regional & international relations with relevant stakeholders with a
view to ensure the objectives of the Act and the strategy governing ZERA are achieved;
Establishes Sr implements frameworks that ensure compliance to
corporate governance standards and best practice in the energy sector;
• Manages stakeholder communication and relations to ensure effect communication of issues affecting stakeholders and the energy sector;
Provides operational advice to the Board in identifying and reviewing
options available to enhance delivery and compliance to the Act and
• Identifies and manages the principal risks
of the Authority and energy sector in consultation with the relevant
• Oversees the financial management of the Authority to ensure the Authority remains financially viable;
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in the field of Engineering, Finance, Economics, Physical Science, Law, Energy or a related field.
• A postgraduate qualification in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
• Be a registered member of the relevant professional body.
• At least 10 years' relevant experience, five of which must be in a relevant senior management role.
• Excellent understanding of the energy sector.
• Traceable business leadership skills with proven executive-level leadership experience.
Interested applicants are requested to send their CVs with two references Email CVs firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications is Monday 1 April 2019 at 1600 hours