By Major General (Dr) G. Gwinji | 21 Feb 2019 at 20:42hrs
JOB TITLE: Software developer/programmer
Reports to: IT Manager
Location: Ministry of Health and Child Care - National Microbiology Reference Laboratory, Harare
The Software developer is expected to analyze, design, develop, debug, document, install and maintain enterprises edition health application systems. Emphasis is on building ICT systems that enhance effectiveness and efficiency of health service delivery. The ideal candidate should be able to work with different technologies and be innovative in problem solving.
• Analyze and translate business requirements into functional and non-functional system requirements
• Participate in system design, interface and programming with other team members
• Design user interfaces by using conceptual design techniques such as creating visual mockups, prototypes, and diagrams
• According to requirements, develop, modify and test code as well as analyze, correct and document errors as reported
• Develop, enhance and maintain new and existing web-based and client/sernr enterprise applications
• Write system test scripts and fix software defects when required
• Write test plans and user acceptance testing cases for quality assurance
• Improve the performance of applications via load and stress testing
• Participate in user requirements research and usability testing to help improve the user experience
• Coordinate and perform system installation and monitor system operation to ensure specifications are met
Compose and contribute to technical documentation, program
documentation including flow charts, file structure, input/output
documents, program narratives, etc.
• Ensures the security and integrity of all systems and data.
• Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
Assist in the development and implementation of eHealth and ICT
policies, strategies, plans and procedures in line with MoHCC's
policies, strategic goals, and plans.
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
• Relevant degree in computer science, information systems or any appropriate discipline;
• Three (3) years' experience in system development
Technical experience in development and maintenance of enterprise
software, applications systems, databases, web development, user
training and support.
• Experience and/or knowledge of health systems and health systems strengthening is an added advantage;
• Knowledge and experience in use of open source software
• Knowledge and experience in using different development frameworks such as spring mvc, hibernate, struts, JQuery.
Knowledge and experience in developing in a range of technologies such
as Java, PHP, Python, .net, Android, MS Access, MS SQL, MySQL,
• Extensive Python experience
• Experience in working with team members in a collaborative environment.
Knowledge ofthe theory, principles and practices of systems and
applications development including functions and capabilities of
computer operating systems and software programming applications.
• Knowledge of computer security procedures.
Please reply to :- Major General (Dr) G. Gwinji Secretary for Health and Child Care Kaguvi Building 11 Floor Cnr 4th Street and Central Avenue P.O. Box CY1122, Causeway Harare Zimbabwe
Deadline for submission of applications is the 28th of February 2019.