We seek to recruit an outstanding and results oriented individual to fill the following post in our organisation: EXECUTIVE SUPPLY CHAIN Responsibility The incumbent shall be responsible to the Chief Finance Officer.
Main Duties and responsibilities
• Directs the activities of all functions involved in the purchasing planning, warehouse, control and distribution of materials and/or products from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the same to the end-user/ customer(s).
• Oversees the activities of the Procurement Unit.
• Manage inventory and establish controls to ensure department ERP system is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk
• Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in creating a world class materials/ product management group.
• Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
• Develops and continuously improves supplier programs.
• Participates in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials/ products to support product launches.
• Lead negotiation efforts for major contracts. • Develop and manage departmental budgets accordingly.
• Establish annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with corporate objectives, and manage performance to ensure attainment.
• Ensure that the department is appropriately staffed with persons and skills at the right level.
• Manage staff performance and expedite performance improvement programs/ training where deficiencies are noted.
• Ensure staff discipline within department
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum degree in Procurement OR Supply and Logistics.
• A holder of a post graduate degree such as MBA or equivalent will have an added advantage.
• Membership of a relevant and recognized professional body such as the Institute of Procurement and Supplies.
• A Qualification in Project Management is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 10 years' relevant work experience, 6 years of which should have been at a senior managerial level.
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified photocopies of Birth Certificate, l.D and Educational qualifications and current and expected salaries should be sent to • email@example.com